Sample Secret Seeker Form
Date visited _______________
Name of church__________________________________________
1. Was the secret seeker an individual, couple, family? (Please describe)
2. If you had any experience with learning about the location/service times etc. from a phonebook, web site, sign, newspaper ad or other means, tell us about it:
3. Was it easy to find a place to park?
4. Was the building attractive and inviting?
5. Was it easy to find the correct door/doors to come into the building?
6. Circle one answer: Did you try to be: (1) Unapproachable (2) Super outgoing and friendly (3) Somewhere in between (1) and (2) by making some eye contact but not making it too easy for church people to be friendly?
7. Tell us about the ushers and greeters (if any). Were they friendly? Helpful? Easy to spot? Did they recognize that you were a guest and give you more than a handshake and a bulletin like they would with anyone else?
8. Did anyone in this church learn and use your name?
9. Did they give you any sort of gift because you were a guest or invite you to stick around for coffee or some other beverage or snack?
10. If they did have coffee or other refreshments, were they good and easy to access?
11. Did someone help you find restrooms, nursery, classrooms for children’s classes etc.?
12. Did this church have good signage? (Restrooms!)
13. Did this church make it easy to find out more about it by way of (1) Ushers or greeters giving you literature? (2) An attractive welcome center?
14. Did this church make it easy for you to take the next step towards involvement by providing you with a welcome/guest card in the bulletin or some other means?
15. Would you know what to do to take the next step with this congregation?
16. Did this church do anything that embarrassed you or made you uncomfortable? (Please elaborate)
17. Did the host, announcement-maker or worship leader do anything to make you feel especially welcomed as a guest?
18. Did the worship through music seem sincere on the part of the leaders and followers?
19. Was it easy to join in the singing with this church? If you struggled with this, tell us why:
20. Did the speaker/preacher get your attention right away and draw you into a text in the Bible?
21. Was his teaching understandable?
22. Did you learn something from the Bible through his sermon?
23. Did you know what he wanted you to do to respond to God’s Word at the end of the message?
24. Did the preacher or anyone else leading the worship service do anything to make you feel like an “outsider” (like “inside jokes” that you couldn’t understand)?
25. Officially or unofficially, did this church do anything to make you feel welcome/engage you in sincere conversation DURING or AFTER the service?
26. If there’s anything else you’d like to tell us about this church, put it right here, and thank you very much for your help!